- This event has passed.
I ❤ Plein Air
March 6 @ 9:00 am - 3:00 pm CSTFree
This year's I ❤ Plein Air is a two-part extravaganza! Expand to see highlights!
Part I – Plein Air Videos (access provided to registered members only)
- Painting Demonstrations – Maggie Capettini, Michael Latala, Scott Tallman Powers
- Packing Your Plein Air Bag – Karen Beaupre, Kathleen Newman, Stephanie Weidner, Don Yang
- How to be Your Own Best Critic (and Salvage the Painting Pile-Up) – Steve Puttrich
- Use Color Theory to Enhance Your Plein Air Painting – Joe Gyurcsak
- Employ this Efficient Palette for Fast Painting – Mary Gingrich
- Marketing Yourself and Your Art – Marcy Calkins, Mark Cleveland, Errol Jacobson, Nancie King Mertz, Sue Whitney
- Creating A Plan for Your Art – Karen Beaupre, Zhanna Biletska, Hannah Heyer, Mary Longe
- Photographing Your Work – Errol Jacobson
Part II – VIRTUAL LIVE! March 6, 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 pm (CST), I ❤ Plein Air 2021 (via Zoom)
9:00 Welcome to I ❤ Plein Air 2021
9:20 Activating Color – The Nourishment Projects with Soma Roy.
Soma Roy, founder of The Nourishment Projects gives dimension to color. She weaves art, history, science, and poetry, making color choice and use come alive.
10:15 Worldwide Perspective of Plein Air, Eric Rhoads, Publisher Plein Air Magazine
10:35 – 11:05 Breakouts Round 1
Packing Your Plein Air Bag, Artist Panel: Kathleen Newman – Pastels, Rich Weber – French Easel, Stephanie Weidner – Light and DYI, Don Yang – Light and DYI
Demos, Artist Panel: Scott Tallman Powers – Snow Scene, Michael Latala – Nocturne, Maggie Capettini – Palette Knives
11:10 – 11:40 Breakouts Round 2
Marketing, Artist Panel: Marcy Calkins, Nancie King Mertz, Sue Whitney
Photographing Your Art with a Cell Phone, Artist Panel: Errol Jacobson
11:45 – 12:15: Breakouts Round 3
Creating a Plan for Your Art, Artist Panel: Karen Beaupre, Zhanna Biletska, Hanna Heyer
Efficient Palette, Guest Artist: Mary Gingrich
12:20 – 1:10 Breakouts Round 4 – Select a Discussion
Being Your Own Best Critic, Guest Artist: Steve Puttrich
Color Theory, Guest Artist: Joe Gyurcsak
1:15 The Art of Inspiring the Next Generations with Barbara Rosenstock and Mary Grandpre’
Author Barbara Rosenstock and Illustrator Mary Grandpre’ collaborated to educate and inspire children through four gorgeous picture books about artists, Claude Monet, Vincent Van Gogh, Wassily Kandinsky, and Marc Chagall. Barbara, writer of 18 nonfiction stories, and Mary, illustrator of the Harry Potter books, will discuss their inspirations and processes for creating these wonderful books, offering insights on imparting knowledge and enthusiasm for art and painting.
1:45 The Big Reveal: The PAPC 2021 Season
3:00 -3:30 Open room(s) for discussion by media (no facilitation)